martes, 6 de octubre de 2009

INTERVIEW WITH BOB MARGOLIN



This is a interview with the great guitar "Steady Rollin' Bob Margolin"




1) When and since (as,like) you discovered that you liked the blues?.
B:I started playing guitar when I was 15, inspired by Chuck Berry. I followed the path of his inspiration back to Blues music and when I heard Muddy Waters, I was taken.
2) Your principal influences?
B:All early Chicago Blues, all great Blues musicians. Muddy, Jimmy Rogers, Robert Lockwood Jr. would be the most important ones for guitar.
3) About that situation you think that the blues is a present?
B:I think Blues is having a hard time commercially, but is very alive and exciting artistically -- there are more good players than ever, and many young musicians who love it and are going to play it for the rest of their lives.
4) You prefere rock or sound or blues music???
B:I enjoy both of them, but it is Blues music that is deepest in my heart.
5) Do you know something of the Spanic blues?
B:I have played in Spain a few times with Spanish musicians, and they are fine musicians. Blues brings us together.
6) Me mention 10 cds that you believe that they are indispensable in a music library that boasts of having good music?
B:


Muddy Waters -- Chess Box Set
Jimmy Rogers -- Chicago Bound
B.B. King -- Live at the Regal
Robert Johnson -- King of the Delta Blues Singers
Jimmy Reed -- Live at Carnegie Hall
Howlin' Wolf -- Chess Box Set
Robert Lockwood Jr. -- The Legend Live
Little Walter -- Chess Box Set
Sonny Boy Williamson -- Down & Out
Magic Sam -- Black Magic


7) That you have next projects?
B:I hope to have a live album in 2010
8) You like does to say something to the people that this reading this one paginate web?
B:I love how Blues music brings soulful people together all over the world.


Thanks Bob for answer the interview and for your music...


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Estudios de Radio Sant Boi

Estudios de Radio Sant Boi
Si quieres escuchar Radio Sant Boi online, clicka sobre la imagen