jueves, 8 de octubre de 2009

INTERVIEW WITH STEVE FREUND


1) When and since (as,like) you discovered that you liked the blues?.
S: When I was very young, in New York City, I loved the music of Elvis, Little Richard, Chuck berry, Fats Domino....later on I liked Louis Armstrong. Then I got into James Brown and soul music, and when I was 16 I got into BB King, Albert King, Cream, Fleetwood Mac etc.
2) Your principal influences?
S: Big Bill Broonzy, Lonnie Johnson, Otis Spann, Sunnyland Slim, Bessie Smith, Peter Green, Louis Myers, Robert Lockwood, and others.
3) About that situation you think that the blues is a present?
S: I think there are many great musicians playing today, but not enough clubs as there was in the past. People do not come out to support live blues as they once did.
4) You prefere sollitary cds or in company cds?
S: Compilation CD's are good to find new artists, and then you should buy the solitary CD's of the artists you have just discovered.
5) Do you know something of the Spanic blues?
S: I know that the guitar is a Spanish instrument, and that Middle East music is a part of Spanish history due to the Iberian Peninsula.
6) Me mention 10 cds that you believe that they are indispensable in a music library that boasts of having good music?
S: Anything by BB King, Albert King, Lonnie Johnson, Otis Spann, Bessie Smith, Big Bill early Bluebird Recordings, anything by Big Maceo and Tampa Red. Also the first Fleetwood Mac record, and Biggest Thing Since Colossus by Spann and Fleetwood Mac. There are too many to choose just 10, sorry.
7) That you have next projects?
S: I am writing songs and just continue to play blues these days. I hope to record a new CD in the near future, but no exact plans.
8) You like does to say something to the people that this reading this one paginate web?
S: I want to thank you and the Spanish people for supporting the live music.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Estudios de Radio Sant Boi

Estudios de Radio Sant Boi
Si quieres escuchar Radio Sant Boi online, clicka sobre la imagen