viernes, 2 de octubre de 2009

INTERVIEW WITH DAVE GROSS

http://www.zshare.net/audio/66433264a0383938/


1) When and since you discovered that you liked the blues?

D: I started listening to blues when I was about 15 years old. I was really into the classic rock guitarrists of the late 60's and early 70's, and started digging back deeper to see who they were listening to. I really got drawn in to older blues by the greats from the 40's, 50's & 60's. I'm constantly listening for new things to inspire me, and with so much talent in the world. I'm always able to do just that.
2) Your principal influences?
D: I have far too many influences in far too many styles to list. If I had to name 10, they might be Jimmie Vaughan, Django Reinhardt, Ray Charles, Otis Rush, T-Bone Walker, Sam Cooke, Lowell Fulson, Bobby Bland, Sean Costello & James Hunter. I love listening to great singers with amazing tone and phrasing, horn players that can work the sound of their instrument, and guitarrist that don't hav to say a lot move me.
3) About that situation you think that the blues is at present?
D: I think the blues scene goes through different cycles of ups and downs, and has its strong recurrences. It's hard for me to say from first hand experience, because I haven't been around long enough, but I think the blues is ready to get another boost.
4) Have you touched at some time in Spain?
D: I haven't as of yet, but I've always wanted to travel to Spain and perform.
5) Do you know something of the Hispanic blues?
D: I know of a number of Hispanic blues artist that are very talented, and keeping the American blues culture alive intercontinentally.
6) Me mention 10 CDs that you believe that they are indispensable in a music library that boasts of having good music?
D: All of the Otis Rush Cobra singles, anything T-Bone Walker recorded on Capitol & Imperial, Sean Costello "We can get together", Bobby Bland "Blues consolidated", Roomful of blues "Roomful of blues (the first album), Jimmy Reed "I'm Jimmy Reed", The Beatles "Abbey road", The Fabulous Thunderbirds "Girls go wild", Sonny Rollins "Saxophone colossus" & Ray LaMontagne "Trouble".
7) Since you organize the concerts? That divides do you dedicate to the improvisation in the direct one?
D: Every show is different. If I played the songs the same way every night. I'd be far more bored with myself than I already am! Whatever happens in the moment is almost always how we perform. That way, everyone involved gets something different every time
8) That you have next projects?
D: I'll be working about 6 o 7 albums in the next few months that I'll be producing in my studio, spanning a wide range of roots music. There are some very exciting projects that I'm thrilled to be a part of, and can't wait to get started!.
9) You like does to say something to the people that this reading this one paginate web?.
D: While there is a never ending source of great music out there, it's really the fans that keep it going. Without fans, even the best musicians would be out of a job, leaving the world devoid of real music. Thank you to everyone out there who still buy albums, still come out to performances, and do what they can to keep the music alive!.
Thanks Dave.!!!!
R

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Estudios de Radio Sant Boi

Estudios de Radio Sant Boi
Si quieres escuchar Radio Sant Boi online, clicka sobre la imagen